The National Society of Black Engineers Pre-College Initiative program will lead the world in enhancing the pre-college students' Academic, Technical, and Leadership skills in order to maximize their success in life. The Pre-College Initiative (PCI) Program is designed to stimulate the interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields, or STEM. The goal is to encourage students in grades K–12 to attend college and pursue technical degrees. Our PCI program provides activities to help students discover firsthand how engineering and technology relate to the world around them and discover the excitement of academic excellence, leadership, technical development and teamwork. Read More (need remaining content to link)...One of our signature programs is Summer Engineering Experience for Kids (SEEK), a free, three-week day camp for students in grades 3-5.
Objectives of the PCI Program:
- To help students have a positive attitude towards academic excellence
- To stimulate enthusiasm about science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- To encourage 3rd–12th graders to pursue degrees in engineering and other technical fields
- To increase the number of African Americans attending and graduating from college
- To encourage and support parental commitment to children’s education
- To raise cultural awareness among students