NSBE Scholarship Policy
The society offers a variety of NSBE and Corporate-sponsored scholarship and award opportunities to our pre-college, collegiate undergraduate and graduate student, and technical professional members. Our scholarship packages range in value from $500 to $10,500. In addition to the scholarships, we also provide access to awards which acknowledge our highest achieving members, such as the Mike Shinn Distinguished Member of the Year (male and Female) Award with a cash award of $7,500, as well as the Alumni Member and Technologist of the Year. Each of these awardees also receive a Golden Torch Award from the organization. For more details on the available scholarships and awards, please visit our Scholarship Vault!!
Interested in having your scholarship opportunity listed in our Scholarship Vault? Apply here!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be eligible for NSBE scholarships you MUST:
- Be an ACTIVE, PAID NSBE member.
- Submit your transcript for GPA confirmation to World Head Quarters (Fall 2010 or LATER).
Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to access our Transcript and Scholarship Policy
Applications are being accepted now! With over $30,000,000 in scholarships given to current and potential NSBE members annually, don't miss your chance to secure funds for this program year.
To apply for NSBE Scholarships, follow these simple steps:
- Login into your NSBE Account (or join NSBE, if not a current member)
- Click on MY ACCOUNT
- Under ACTIONS, click on Submissions (Scholarships, Applications, etc.)
- Click on the scholarship or competition you are applying for
- Complete the application in its entirety and click Submit/Continue or Save as Draft (if applicable) to return and complete your application prior to the listed deadline.
The NSBE web is the fastest and easiest way to access information about the National Society of Black Engineers.
We encourage you to check back regularly for new program and scholarship offerings.
National Society of Black Engineers
Maximum Allowable Scholarship Recipient Award Value
The following new policies have been established regarding those that are selected to receive NSBE scholarship awards. This is an active policy for all scholarships moving forward.
- Each scholarship recipient cannot be awarded more than two (2) scholarships in a given program year.
- Members that apply for more than one scholarship that has an internship requirement MUST rank acceptance of scholarship for awarding, if selected as a recipient. (A member cannot accept both internships for a given time period, thus must decide prior to selection which scholarship/internship they would want to accept in priority order.)