Life Technologies Scholarship
Purpose: At Life Technologies, we believe in the power of science to transform lives and the power of people to make it happen. We want to help students take charge of their impact on the world. The purpose of Life Technologies’ NSBE Scholarships is to provide financial scholarships for students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in Engineering, Technology and Science.
Criteria And Selection:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- College Freshman, Sophomore or Junior or First Year Graduate Student
- Major in Engineering, Science or Technical field
- Must be a financial NSBE member (required)
- Applications will be evaluated and the recipient(s) will be selected by Life Technologies. Only applications submitted for the Life Technologies’ NSBE Scholarship will be reviewed for an award.
- Complete an ONLINE application on NSBE IMPAK System
- Official transcript (Fall 2010 or Winter/Spring 2011 should be used) for verification of GPA.
- Resume (Submitted during online application process)
- Essay Responses/Questions (500 Words or less)
- Recommend drafting responses in a WORD PAD document prior to applying for cut/paste into application.
- “Why have you chosen a career in the engineering, science or technology and how will receiving this scholarship award support your career goals?”
- Please list other scholarships or financial aid that you have received for the Fall 2011 term or later.
- Proof of enrollment and/or graduation date may be requested.
- Must be enrolled in a university/college in the United States.
Scholarships to be Given:
- One Scholarship of $7,500
- Three Scholarships of $2,500
Online Submission Deadline: JUNE 30, 2011
Unofficial transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do NOT send Degree Audits. Submissions must be transcripts with member's name, student ID and cumulative GPA listed.
For more information contact:
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST post a CONFIRMED GPA between 3.0 and 4.0 for your application to be eligible for judging. Please be sure to forward one copy of your transcript to the NSBE Office prior to the deadline. Only ONE transcript is needed for ALL scholarships that you apply for.