Battelle and National Society of Black Engineers Collegiate Scholarship Program
- To support the Will of Gordon Battelle to enhance interest in science, technology, engineering and math.
- To promote Battelle’s commitment to diversity and outreach to underrepresented groups.
- To create national exposure for Battelle to potential recruits.
- To encourage and reward academic excellence.
- To provide a financial support mechanism for African-American college students..
- College Junior or Senior NSBE member
- Major in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineer, Statistics and Applied or Engineering Physics
- Must be a financial NSBE member
- Applications will be evaluated and the recipients(s) will be selected by NSBE representatives via the NSBE IMPAK system. Only applications submitted for the Battelle Scholarship program will be considered for the award.
- Completed online scholarship application via applicant’s NSBE IMPAK system.
- Transcript (for review of relevant courses taken) – Spring 2011 Grades Accepted.
- Resume (submitted during application process)
Scholarships Award: 14 Total Scholarship Awards:
- Six (6) Battelle $5,000 Scholarships
- Two (2) Pacific Northwest National Laboratory $5,000 Scholarships
- Two (2) Brookhaven National Laboratory $5,000 Scholarships
- Two (2) Idaho National Laboratory $5,000 Scholarships
- Two (2) Oak Ridge National Laboratory $5,000 Scholarships
Internship opportunities with sponsoring company/labs accompany the scholarship award. For more information on the sponsoring laboratories, please visit the following websites.
Battelle – http://www.battelle.org
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory http://www.pnl.gov/
Brookhaven National Laboratory http://www.bnl.gov/world/
Idaho National Laboratory http://www.inl.gov/
Oak Ridge National Laboratory http://www.ornl.gov/
Online Submission Deadline:
- Online submission via NSBE IMPAK– December 2, 2011
Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
PLEASE NOTE: Although this scholarship does not have a GPA requirement, a transcript is required for application consideration. Please be sure to email ONE copy of your official transcript to the NSBE Office prior to the deadline. Only ONE official transcript is needed for ALL scholarships that you apply for.