Fulfilling The Legacy Scholarship 2011-2012
The National Society of Black Engineers will award several scholarships through the NSBE Scholarship Program at the NSBE Annual Convention in Pittsburgh, PA on March 28-April 2, 2011.
In addition to our many members that donate to the Fulfilling the Legacy Scholarship fund annually, we would like to provide a special thanks to the following contributors to the fund.
This scholarship epitomizes NSBE’s Mission Statement to increase the number of Black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community. It is supported solely by NSBE members and private donations. The number of Fulfilling the Legacy Scholarships to be awarded will be determined by the amount of money donated by the membership and contributors. Sixty percent of the fund is allocated to scholarship awards; the remaining forty percent will go into an ongoing scholarship endowment.
- All applicants must be paid NSBE members at time application is submitted (No exceptions).
- All NSBE undergraduate and graduate student members are eligible to apply. Applications must be submitted online via IMPAK. Non-engineering/non-technical majors are ineligible.
- NSBE Jr. members that are High School Seniors are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship Applications must also include a University/College transcript (Spring 2011 transcripts may be used).
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- All applicants must submit one current resume (during the online application) with the exception of NSBE Jr. members.
Scholarship recipients will be selected from a combination of the following criteria:
The Fulfilling the Legacy Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Essay Question Responses
- University Academic Achievement
- Service to NSBE (Chapter, Regional, and/or National)
- Other Professional, Campus and Community Activities
- Cash award (to be determined by total amount contributed to the scholarship fund)
Online Submission Deadline: December 2, 2011
Unofficial transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com.
For more information contact:
Programs Team, firstname.lastname@example.org