Oracle America, Inc. Corporate Scholarship 2011-2012
Purpose: The purpose of the Oracle America, Inc. Scholarship is to provide financial scholarships for students pursuing undergraduate degrees in Engineering and collegiate members of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE).
Through this award, Oracle America hopes to:
- Recognize and reward the talented young engineering student.
- Provide the financial means of attracting, retaining and motivating the qualified young engineering student within the National Society of Black Engineers.
- Promote the overall visibility of the engineering profession .
- Increase the number of underrepresented students in the engineering profession, particularly women and minorities.
Criteria And Selection:
- MUST attend an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a US Citizen
- High School Seniors and Collegiate Undergraduate students ONLY
- Must not be graduating before 12/2012
- Major in Engineering, Computer or Information Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- Must be an active NSBE member
- Applications will be evaluated and the recipient(s) will be selected by Oracle America, Inc.. Only applications submitted for the Oracle America, Inc. Scholarship program will be considered for the award.
- Transcript (Spring/Summer 2011 / Fall 2012 grades can be used) for verification of GPA.
- Resume (Submitted with online application)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- At least one (1) recommendation letter should be from a teacher, counselor, advisor, or professor).
- Essay Responses (Inside Online application)
- Recommend drafting responses in a WORDPAD document prior to applying for cut/paste into application as plain text.
- Proof of enrollment and/or graduation date may be requested.
- Two (2) $4,500 Scholarship Awards
Recipients shall demonstrate the following attributes:
Application Deadline: December 2, 2011
- Excellent academic standing
- Strong leadership skills
- Focus on the applications of engineering in the work world
- Financial need
Transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com
. Submissions of unofficial transcripts must include the member's name, student ID and cumulative GPA.
All GPAs are confirmed on your NSBE membership account once received.
For more information contact