The ExxonMobil Corporate Scholarship 2012
Goal: To encourage academic excellence and leadership development among African –American collegiate students in the engineering disciplines.
- Minimum Required GPA: 3.5
- College Sophomore, or Junior NSBE member
- Major in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Applicants must submit a 300 word minimum essay in response to the following question:
- “What advice would you offer fellow engineering students to motivate them to make academic excellence a priority in their college career?”
- "Why has academic excellence been a priority in your college career, and how do you influence fellow engineering students to follow your example"
- Applications will be evaluated and the recipient(s) will be selected by NSBE. Only applications submitted for the ExxonMobil Corporate Scholarship program will be considered for the award. Recipients will also be considered for a summer internship with ExxonMobil. Accepting the internship, if offered, is not a requirement for being awarded the scholarship
- Complete ONLINE application on NSBE's IMPAK system
- Transcript (Spring 2011 or later grades can be used)- Emailed to email@example.com.
- Resume (Uploaded in Online Application)
- Essay– Completed in online application
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (uploaded in Online application)- at least one from the
- College of Engineering (i.e., Department Chair, Dean of Engineering)
Awards: Ten (10) $2,000 Scholarship Awards
Online Submission Deadline: November 2, 2011
Unofficial Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact:
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have a CONFIRMED GPA between 3.5 and 4.0 for your application to be eligible for judging. Only ONE transcript is needed for ALL scholarships that you apply for.