Registration and General Information
Updates for 2017:
- Registration will open at 12:00 PM on Tuesday, January 17th for select cities. Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for that list.
- You MUST create an account and confirm the account via a working email address.
- You can register more than one student under one account.
New for 2017:
- No registration fee required
- No longer "first come, first serve"
- While sites will accept students on a rolling basis, SEEK staff intends to inform parents of an acceptance decision as early as February 1st and complete the process by early April.
- More information on these changes are provided on the Frequently Asked Questions and within the application.
Cost: FREE!!! However, we glady accept donations as sponsorship dollars do not cover all costs at all sites. Please visit Donate to SEEK to make your contribution today!
Duration: Three (3) weeks (per site)
*Before/ After care is NOT PROVIDED or COORDINATED by NSBE, SEEK
Students MUST be dropped off no earlier than 8:30am and picked up no later than 3:30pm.
To participate in SEEK, students must be at least 8 years old and are completing the 3rd, 4th, or 5th grades for the 2016-2017 school year (6th grade) in select cities. Students MUST be available for the entire 3 week program.
Students who are in the 2nd grade are not eligible for the program
All students must have a complete registration form along with the registration fee paid to participate in the program.
Before starting the Registration form please have the following information handy:
Child's Date of Birth
Grade child is expected to complete during 2016-2017 school year
Emergency Contact information (Name, number, relationship)
Persons Authorized to pick up (Name, number, relationship)
Household income range and number of residents
School type (public, private, charter)
Form of payment (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex) No checks will be accepted
Due to the high demand of the SEEK program, we require that students participate in the entire 3 weeks of the program. Students who are unable to meet this requirement will forfeit their spot in the program. Students who miss more than two days during the program will be withdrawn from the program. Attendance is taken daily and is monitored by Site leaders.
Parent involvement is an integral part of the sustainability and growth of the SEEK program. We require all parents to attend a mandatory parent orientation and student check-in. This event is typically help a week before the program begins. Dates, locations and times will be announced to all accepted students by email once the information becomes available. Parents who do not attend the orientation will forfeit their child's space in the program.If you are unable to attend the mandatory orientation, you must arrange for a representative to attend on your behalf and check your child in. This person can be a friend, family member, neighbor, another SEEK Parent etc.
Children are not required to attend.
Come Join the Fun in Learning!