We are pleased to announce the call for papers for The National Society of Black Engineers' inaugural edition, the Journal of Black Excellence in Engineering, Science, and Technology (BEST). The BEST Journal promotes awareness of engineering and opportunities for Black people in the profession, examines scientific discoveries and developments that immediately impact Black communities, and stimulates interest in various scientific and technical disciplines and careers of Black engineers.
The type of papers we are seeking are as follows:
• Scientific and technical papers that provide solutions that specifically affect Black communities.
• Key technical focus areas for Black engineering professionals to excel across the industry.
• Investigations into the systemic and institutional barriers that impede the success of Black engineering communities (e.g., students, faculty, and industry professionals)
• Research and evaluations that focus on broadening participation in engineering and other STEM fields
• Opportunities and strategies for developing K-12 Black STEM pathways.
To submit, please submit through the Scholastica https://app.scholasticahq.com/submissions/nsbejournal/new.
We invite all scholars, researchers, practitioners, and activists to submit their individual and collective papers, articles, and research that examines BEST's focus areas.
If you have any questions about the journal and process, National Publications Chair Derius Galvez at firstname.lastname@example.org