Would you like to start a NSBE chapter? If so, please submit a petition to start a chapter today!
NSBE chapters may be eligible to use NSBE’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit standing:
- Must have your own federal tax ID (or use that of your university).
- Your chapter must be active. If not, renew the chapter's charter.
- Chapters that do not have active status in NSBEConnect are not eligible.
- Chapters need to have 10 paid members and the required officers.
- Confirm with your university that the chapter cannot use the university's tax-exempt status for itself as a subordinate.
If the chapter cannot use the tax-exempt status of the university, then the chapter needs to fill out the survey linked below.
If the chapter does not have its own federal tax ID #:
Unfortunately, chapters are not allowed to use NSBE’s tax id #; you must obtain your own. You can apply for one at the following website: https://irs-form-ss-4.com/.
If you have any questions, please contact NSBE's Membership and Registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find a chapter near you, please use the chapter search tool below.