Establishing a NSBE Jr. Chapter
To charter or renew a NSBE Jr. chapter, the following criteria must be met:
- Have at least five active (paid) NSBE Jr. members. National NSBE Jr. membership dues are $5 annually. A chapter may also collect additional chapter dues to cover chapter costs.
- Have the following chapter executive officers assigned and active in NSBECONNECT. Instructions on how to assign chapter officers using NSBECONNECTcan be found here.
- At least one advisor (Chapter advisor must be an adult. We recommend two.)
- President, vice president, secretary, programs chair, treasurer
If your chapter becomes inactive, log in to your NSBECONNECT account, and make sure that the above criteria are met. Once you do that, the system will automatically recognize your chapter as active.
Each advisor must have a profile in the NSBECONNECT system. If you do not have a profile, one will be created for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and express interest in being an advisor for a specific chapter. A confirmation email will be sent once the process is complete. We encourage advisors to become NSBE members; however, it is not a requirement.
Building Your Chapter
CHOOSE YOUR CHAPTER FOCUS
Chapter advisors are responsible for choosing their chapter’s overall area of focus, which can range from STEM competitions to field trips to academic enrichment. Once you establish your chapter focus and structure, you can begin to develop chapter activities. Here are examples of focus areas:
- STEM Activities & Projects
- NSBE Jr. Competitions
- Academic Enrichment
- Leadership Development
- Community Outreach
- College Readiness and SAT/ACT Prep
There are several more resources available to NSBE Jr. advisors. For more information, download the advisor toolkit toda