FIRST® LEGO® League expresses its philosophies of Gracious Professionalism and Cooperation through its Core Values. We ask that everyone associated with every team understands and honors these Core Values.
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve our problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Judging and Awards
Official tournaments, including the event at NSBE’s Annual Convention, must follow the judging and awards structure determined by FIRST® LEGO® League. Although the audience mostly sees teams playing the Robot Game at tournaments, teams are also being judged on:
- Core Values
- Robot Design
Tournament rubrics and award descriptions can be found on the FIRST website.
NSBE FIRST® LEGO® League registration is completed via an online application through Jotform. The application can be found here. To fully complete registration, each team must also complete registration on the FIRST website. Each team interested in participating for the
2020-2021 program year must submit an application for the program and meet all of the team requirements. Completing all of the information in the application is vital.